[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I'm surprised

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:07:14 EDT

In a message dated 9/24/2009 5:42:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Noah  made me fall in love with sables.  My favorite photos of him are two
candids that I own, one stacked and one sitting, with Bill Stegner, on the
lawn when they visited Michigan many moons ago

I have sat with my arm around Noah and The Boss, not at the same  time.
Both magnificent dogs.

My memory of  Mannix  the year AFTER he had gone Grand  Victor in the
Parade of Greats is one I will always remember.  Then there  was Hale.

I had a dog, not a great one, but one that would look good outside the
ring, but the instant you entered the ring every muscle on that dog would bunch
 up, and every step was a stack.  He knew the ring, and was going to win
every show, and nothing I could do would stop him. I let him go, and never
did  anything with him. I never had to stack him, or tell him to go, or
anything, I  just kept up with him. He finished by the time he was 14 months
old.
His  name was Dragonslayer and I never saw a dog so in tune with the show
ring.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/