[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I'm going to tell you a secret

  • From: Linda Bankhead <lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:45:25 -0400

Great post Chris; I hope it is okay to state a few things!
This is how I understand the facts:

The AKC requires that any standard change be voted on by the membership and
requires 2/3 approval.  THANKFUL AKC has this is in place or we the members
would have had these changes approved without our voice.

According to the minutes; the conversation started only about coats.  Jim
Moses recommended they committee also consider white GSD's.

We are now facing not just a long coat change.  Dogs without black noses
are no longer DQ.  Our new proposed standard will further allow White
GSD's, Livers, and Blues.

Both White GSD Clubs have been lobbying  the GSDCA for years.  The one club
wanted us to allow them to be a separate breed. The other club (pushing for
the Standard change); are stuck because the AKC will not allow any more
varieties.

By all means correct me if I am wrong. I am a stick in the mud for facts;
not innuendos or rumours.

Linda Bankhead
Lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx

http://showgsd.org/mail.html