[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Illustrated Standard

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx, mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:38:01 EST

For the record, (again) I didn't ask the question, I answered it and a post
was later clipped incorrectly.  (Aren't some e-mail programs the pits,  lol?)
Good answer though Christine!  For the record, I don't have anyone  who stands
naturally with a sloping topline either.  That would be  waaayyyyy too much
rear for me....  probably coupled with an incorrectly  proportioned front....

In a message dated 11/22/2006 10:22:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Well, I  don't have a dog in my
kennel..whether it be a National winner or otherwise  that stands with a
sloping topline.You can see that the whither is slightly  higher..you can
see that there is no sag or roach in the back. If my dogs  stood square..and
still showed a significant amount of topline..they would  be standing on
their hocks which is horribly incorrect!  If they walk  into a natural
pose..where one leg is somewhat behind them..then the  topline is
accentuated a bit.You can go look at our website,(  www.hickoryhillgsd.com)
I can attest that every dog on there that we have  bred, not matter how
extreme they look set up..never stood naturally  exhibiting a sloping of
topline. Christine

> [Original  Message]
> From: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>
> To:  <Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx>;  <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>;
<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  Date: 11/21/2006 8:32:43 PM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Illustrated  Standard
>

> In a message dated  11/21/2006 9:24:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx  writes:
> In a  message dated 11/21/2006 6:00:41 P.M. Pacific  Standard Time,
> Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
>  I'm  not  trying to be smart,  I'm trying to learn.  If  that's the case,
why
> are  GSD's  always shown with  their distinctive stack?  Would  the stack
not

> hide a roached back?
>

> If they are built right  they  stand like that all  the time.
>
>  viv
>

> You clipped it incorrectly  Viv.  I didn't write the question.
>
> Kathy
>  member GSDCA, DVGSDC
> three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd  Champions live here!

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_