[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ike and the show site?

  • From: Shirley Melvin <shiral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:58:21 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the positive comments.  I have been searching the internet for
pictures of Crystal Beach, a popular place to visit.  There is total
devistation for that area.  What used to be rows & rows of beach houses --
there are a few in each area.  My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that
lost their homes or beach homes to Ike.  One of my best friends had a house on
the bay side and is pretty sure there won't be anything there when & if they
ever get to go as the only ways in are across the Rollover bridge which is half
washed away and across Galveston Island and crossing on the ferry which will
not happen for quite some time.  Good luck to all whom have been affected by
these last hurricanes and hope you are all safe and have little damage.  We
were lucky this time as there appears to be no damage at our place.  Alan went
home today as he is a city maintenance suipervisor and needs to see if he is
needed for work tomorrow.  I am
 staying with my friends daughter and not sure when we will have power as I am
a pansy and don't think I can stand the heat.  My son lives an Houston and he
and his wife left there yesterday to get out of the heat.  Hopefully we will
all be home and back to some normal activities soon.  I know I have a lot to do
when I get home with preparing for the Nationals  (getting the dog ready and
getting some things done as part of the show committee).  Will find out
tomorrow about how things are around the area.  God Bless you all and thanks
for your thoughts and prayers for all of us affected by Ike.
Shirley Melvin
Corr. Sec'y
GSDC of Beaumont

From: Sally Hayden <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>
To: tishw@xxxxxxx, lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:06 AM

Just talked with Molly -  Yes Beaumont has water probles , yes the eletricity is
down and that is the major problem as with the rest of the area.  Home Depot ,
Lowes etc are open so people can get in and get generators etc.  This comes from
the local radio station

the 2 host motels  - one has 6 floors the other has 8 floors  none are high
rise so don't worry about the windows being out on the 9 or 19

Government is only putting people up for 30 days

The show site building is all concrete-

So lets stop the panicking and the rumors
sally
See how Windows Mobile brings your life together?at home, work, or on the go.
is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original
are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND
IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.