[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ignore those who have nothing to say

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Karen Shirk <karen4paws@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 03:33:46 -0500

I absolutely agree Karen! I think in another life I was a Papillon owner!
They are surprisingly hearty & tough for a small breed and really
surprisingly low maintenance too in addition to being such a smart very
small dog (I call a Corgi small too LOL but they're midsize as compared to
a Pap)... I like that they're not nervous and/or neurotic AND they're
intelligent at the same time, unlike most all other small breeds...
I have come to just accept the fact Paps are brilliant little buggers- so
much so I tell my dogs- oh look there's your competition today- a Pap -
who's going to whoop our butts in the ring today - because they so often do!
Even at our last Rally (advanced) trials where my team (RuthY and I)
placed 3rd, the Papillon won 1st with a multi-point lead!
Thank you about the SD info- I could see the usefulness of a bright small
dog, who as agreed, doesn't miss much of anything. I had never thought of
their usefulness as working dogs... ;)
It appears to me that, in my experience, Papillons haven't been "ruined" by
indiscriminate/careless breeding as have many. I wonder why such a lovely
little dog breed hasn't become more popular?

Jen P & her Pack who may just crumble and add a Pap when I'm a little old
lady...

On Wednesday, July 22, 2015, Karen Shirk <karen4paws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

That's because Papillons rock and do not have small dog minds. Look at
all the service dog agencies (the well established ones)... What breed do
they use when a small dog is needed? Papillons. I think they are very
similar to GSD in their intelligence for sure. They are on the top 10 most
trainable and top 10 most intelligent breed lists. They are also similar to
GSD in their bonding and loyalty as well as attention to owner. They never
miss anything!

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 22, 2015, at 12:40 AM, Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','proudk911@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

I can share a good story about little dogs

I, for some reason, when competing in either rally or traditional
obedience, get beat by Papillons every time we seem to have one in our
class! They are awesome in agility too. It seems owners of that breed
expect to have smart little dogs and understand that 5 pounds or 500, it's
a dog and needs training!

Wonder where the disconnect with the other breeds and their owners
happened....

JP&P

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015, Stormy V. Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','stormy435@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

Little dogs, trained right (by somebody who had a well behaved GSD? <G>)
can be just as “big dog.” The problem is that the owners baby, spoil,
think they are cute when they mouth off. Obedience trials are full of well
behaved little dogs. The streets are full of the spoiled bratty ones.

Storm

On Jul 21, 2015, at 7:43 AM, Evan Ginsburg (Redacted sender "
elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tedi told me yesterday when she walks with Kierk in the mornings, (she
does 5 to 8 miles every other day), he is often off lead and all the little
"kibble dogs" are on leads pulling and barking at Kierk. Kierk just
ignores them and walks on by.

I don't get what people like about those tiny animals, but there are a
lot of them. Maybe they keep the dust off the floors.

Evan