[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: If you want my vote- It's about the dogs

  • From: Lyn Chernak <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TISHW@xxxxxxx, shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:01:37 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Tish for your reply.

  Tish you asked me .....

  <What are you wanting to know?>

  The reason I would like to know "What have you done with your dogs and what
titles you have earned is because it shows me what you *(the individual / the
candidate) is doing with the breed in areas of concern.

  When I see many dogs coming from a breeder's line that has made the
Thirteenth Club, this tells me that the breeder has been selective in their
breeding stock and tend not to have life threatening health issues.

  When I see an HIC after the dog's name, it tells me that you* are interested
in preserving the qualities that the dog was originally bred for or at least
curious to see if your dog has them.

  When I see a  T.C. after the dog's name it indicates that the Temperament is
correct and you* are proud by using the title.

  Working titles beyond the basic ones are fantastic, however I do realize that
they take time and energy. Conformation titles are great too!

  I love this breed and I am very concern with the future of the breed. When
dogs are dying at early ages and one is happy because they reached the age of 7
(randomly picked number on my part), that is sad.

  The people that are elected to office are in a position to change the fate of
the GSD. You* are elected to that position to help run the business of the
club, represent the entire membership and to promote and preserve the breed. I
feel that in order to demonstrate this it needs to start first in your* home /
kennel.

  Like they say ... Actions speak louder then words ....
  Without the German Shepherd Dog, there will be no office to run for!

  Lyn Chernak
  Member of the GSDCA for 20 plus years

TISHW@xxxxxxx wrote:
        In a message dated 9/6/2007 2:43:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
  I just want to know what have you done with your dogs!

  What are you wanting to know? If someone has ever worked with their dog in
obedience?  Shown in conformation?  Done it all at the same time?  Raised
children along with it?  I suspect that most of the candidates have done
something with their dogs, otherwise they wouldn't be in the Club and working
for the breed.  Some maybe spend more time showing in conformation and others
maybe in obedience.  Some may breed frequently and others rarely.  And others,
like myself, may just be getting too old and decrepit to do any of the above
without paying someone to do it for me!!

  Tish

  And P.S.  I had a lot of the ones I bred make it to the 13 club.  I didn't
breed Monty and Rags (Dorothy Linn did) but I think they will probably make it
too.  Monty is 9 and Rags almost 7.

    Lyn Chernak
  ~ CherLyn Shepherds ~
  A German Shepherd for ALL Rings