[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: If not a GS, then what?

  • From: "Sarah Smith" <corabeesft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 04:07:20 +0100

I saw this thread and thought it the perfect time for me to
introduce myself, as I come from the complete other side of
the fence!

I'm Sarah, I'm 29, and I live in Michigan.  I am a total
NEWBIE to GSDs and have had the pleasure of adding T-Ho's
Whitside Frenzy to my crew here.  Thanks to Tami and Deb for
entrusting this really fabulous girl to me.

I originally come from Newfoundlands, which were the first
dogs I learned to show thanks to my employment as kennel
manager for Darbydale Newfoundlands (Josh's breeder).  I
finished my 1st CH, a bitch at 22 months.  After my escapade
into Newfs I decided it was time for a smaller dog (with
less grooming) that I have had my eye on since I was a
kid--the Smooth Fox Terrier.  I first got a rescue bitch as
a pet and then added my boy Corey, whom I finished at 15
months with 3 majors and a regional specialty reserve.  He
is currently major-pointed in Canada and I'm hoping to
finish his Canadian CH by next year.  I am also currently
waiting for the right girl to come along to start my
breeding program.  I have always admired GSDs, their
devotion to their people, and their really unique, beautiful
movement.  But never really thought about owning one until
Frenzy came along as a temporary "boarder".  She and I have
bonded incredibly, and now is here to stay.

I am interested in learning all I can about the
breed--grooming, training, even showing.  I would like to
learn to show them myself, if I ever get off crutches!  :o)
So any help you fine folks can give me is great.

So, on to the actual topic of this email.....what other dog
would I own.  Since I already have my "other breed",
Smooths, I'll choose something else.  Let's see....I've had
one from each the Herding, Working, and Terrier
groups.....Let's say the Hound group and an English
Foxhound.  I like their looks, the sturdiness, and the
challenge of having one own you....or so I've heard.  I
think it would be fun to try and get into those dogs' heads.

Sarah Smith