[ SHOWGSD-L ] If I do say so

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 01:51:50 EST

Years ago I tried to explain to Twyla that I would rather go in the ring
myself and lose, than give my dog to a handler and win.

Today I realized there can be an exception.

Kierkegaard went into the ring with Summer and went Best Puppy again. This
was the second show weekend summer had ever gone to, and she was so pleased
and  excited. To me it was as good as winning myself.

It amazes me to see the happiness on a 9 year old, and to see how proud her
 family was of her. I also was blown away by all the people who cheered her
on,  and how many took time to congratulate her. Bill Basu was especially
nice to  Summer and she still talks about Mr. Bill, and Mr. Jerry.

I am Mr. Evan.  What a great kid and family.  I will be excited  to see her
win her first point.

O'Connor had Best Puppy wins on Harley, then Jill, and now  Kierkegaard.
Three generations from him.  So far I am happy with what  he produced.

The drive home was not so good. It took over nine hours, with terrible
traffic.  Paula and Harley were about an hour ahead of me, and she kept me
informed with how bad things were. I had a nail in the tire, so I went to get
it  fixed before I tried to ride through the dessert at night with a Best
Puppy in  back.

Tedi is feeling better, so it was a good weekend.

Now, on to next weekend to find the final point to finish Honey Be  Good.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/