[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Iditarod

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 03:50:49 GMT

I remember reading about someone, several years ago, successfully racing a team
of pure-bred White German Shepherd Dogs in the Iditarod.  I have also seen
teams of purebreds at the Palm Springs Tram sled dog races.

Sled dog racing fanciers/hobbyists are like everyone else..........they have
varied opinions; listening to one person's opinions and/or theories is not a
valid way to learn about ANY sport or hobby!

BTW, anyone remember 4 time winner, Susan Butcher?  I had a T-Shirt that read,
"Alaska - Where Men are Men and Women Win the Iditarod!!"   Loved that shirt!!!

Susan was my hero; her death from leukemia was devastating.  She fought that
damned disease as valiantly as she competed in the sport she excelled in.

Paula, 100 days and counting