[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ideas for Growth....

  • From: gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:18:16 -0400

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

I am not saying the IPO instinct test is perfect but it's a start!!! We have to
begin somewhere....baby steps!!

Maybe it would be the catalyst to help Show breeders ease into the IPO world
and the Conformation Evaluation class would help Working/Performance breeders
ease into the Show world.

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of
things that never were, and ask why not?"- Robert F. Kennedy

Sarah Minsk-Eduardo
Von Whitehall German Shepherds
"Preserving the classic
German Shepherd Dog"
Member of GSDCA and Signer of Breeders Code of Ethics

On Sep 13, 2015, at 11:11 AM, Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some are already being done, others are against AKC rules. I agree about the
Review but as long as it needs ad pages to allow for other content, and as
long as the ads are run primarily by conformation exhibitors, it will be
limited.
some are changes I wish would happen also but have not found a method to make
them possible.
A well done Temperament Test is an available tool in evaluating an untrained
dog for IPO potential about the same way that an HCT evaluates herding
potential.
Ruth