[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ideas for Future Nationals

  • From: "BlackHawkFarms LLC" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:37:12 -0800

that sounds like the year  a few people came up for a horse show at the Cal
Expo and we had a very naive and country friend from Arkansas coming for
this show. It was at the end of the year and when the Cal Expo hosted part
of the Brass Band shows and at a time when "Big Lick" Walking horses were en
vouge rather than a political statement.

Larry Ben stayed in the "unsavory" part of North Sacramento. He left the
horses at the fairgrounds and found a "cheap hotel" to crash in. He said the
television was nice, but he couldnt find any good programs, all they had was
"nasty movies".  He also liked that some very nice girls at all hours would
come up and check on him and ask him how he was doing and was he alone that
night and if he didnt want to, they could help out.

I told Larry Ben that he was on Sacramento's "Ho-stroll" and his hotel was a
"trick hotel" and those were "hookers". All he could say was, "but they were
so nice, I cant believe it...."

One day, when Im at the Nationals (and Mariella is there to back me up). Ask
me the story of the 2004 Pleasure Horse Championships in Winnemucca, NV. We
(Myself, one of the days horse show judges, and our director of judges from
Canada and our gate man) went to an actual, liscenced whore house!  They
gave us a tour and we felt compelled to stay for a drink. We were encouraged
to talk to the ladies (as it was a mixed crowd) and my lead questions was,
"So, how did you get into this line of work??"  (I sure didnt see that booth
at career day). "Are you guys evaluated each month or quater (they were).
"Is there a training program?" (yes, it was).... well, you get the picture.
Where else but Nevada could we get that for the price of a drink?

Mike