[ SHOWGSD-L ] Idea

  • From: ParavelGS@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showlist)
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 22:16:05 +0000

"Heres an idea, why not make it part of the educational portion of your club's
monthly meeting.  Have a knowledgable club member(s) show one of the national
tapes, or show that wonderful tape of 25 years of selects.  Show some of the
dogs and point out the structure that  enables the beautiful movement.  You
could learn alot about the standard in motion that way.  Heres where our
mentors of the breed can really influence the newbies.  When you slow motion
some of the movement its a great way to watch structure in action.   Much
better than how things go at ringside.  Kind of like when we get together after
shows to look at young dogs and evaluate.
Sheri Chambers

"Most of the experienced people I'm with at ringside are involved with their
own
dogs--way too busy to discuss structure at that moment.  They talk about it
later of course and if I had my "cheatsheet" or my " checklist" I'd be able to
recall which dog and the notes I'd taken about it.  Then I could engage more in
the learning moment of the discussion.
Karen"