[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Idea

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:26:15 EDT

In a message dated 8/12/2005 8:58:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
Many of  my puppy buyers do not register their dogs. The happily pay a   nice
price to get a purebred puppy from a reputable breeder. I am  thinking
seriously of NOT giving papers to pet people, explaining the  situation to
them,  and
giving them a slightly lower price with no  papers. If a lot of us (of  all

Syd,
At our  AB club meeting this past wednesday three members said they are going
to do  exactly what suggest. Two have Shi Tzu and one is a Pom breeder.

Lee

First of all, as suggested in someone's previous post, I'd never consider
NOT registering an entire litter.  The whole purpose of me breeding  a  litter
is to have something to show and have some fun with, so....what's the  point?

Then, when I do have a litter, companion people are psyched to register
their puppy.  They pick names that will fit w/ my kennel name, they get  their
AKC
stuff, they get regional club and parent club stuff w/ their puppy  packet,
they order the 4 generation pedigree (mine has pictures BUT the AKC one  has a
seal, lol!).  In MY companion peoples' minds, the fact that there is  a
reputable registry behind the pedigree of their puppy and not a registry that
no
one's ever heard of is one of many things that sets me apart from the  millers,
....but it's a big one!!  I'm one county away from the puppy mill  capital of
PA and you had better believe I pound the heck out of that AKC  logo:)  Not
only that, I have really neat companion people.  They may  or many not be
interested in showing their dog, but they sure do follow the  careers and brag
on
their dog's relatives!  So, without registering  them, just where do you
propose
that I show them????

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_