[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IT'S YOUR THING, DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:40:34 -0800 (PST)

Those songs had me humming to myself...what great memories....music a another
of my great passions....thank you Barbara what a wonderful post...I love it,
you had some soulful oldies in that post....if I could sing I would be even
more dangerous than I Think I am now...lol...FB

Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Because many things remind me of song lyrics, I thought I'd write this
story just for fun using song lyrics or titles which I put in bold
letters. See how many you can remember. It's the holidays, so I feel
creative and maybe it'll give you a chuckle or two. If you're old and
cranky, or a fuddy duddy, hit the delete button now, because it'll all
probably go over your head anyway. This is for the young at heart no
matter what age you are (although, most of them are oldies but goodies,
with just a little bit of country thrown in for good measure).
"IF YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, NEVER MAKE AN UGLY"
dog part of your life. But then again, who I am to say for beauty is in
the eye of the beholder, I tell myself. I mean after all, "I HAVE
FRIENDS IN LOWLY PLACES", that have better looking dogs than that I say.
"MAYBE I'M AMAZED", because you just won Grand Victor because "SOME
PEOPLE WAIT A LIFE TIME FOR A MOMENT LIKE THIS." So I watch as you kiss
your dog on the forehead and tell him "YOU'RE A WONDERFUL ONE", and I
look at the trophy they hand you and I look down at my girl and ask her
"you see that trophy, how come you can't "BRING IT ON HOME TO ME?" I
can hear the judge critiquing the dog saying, "WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU,
YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO MOVE, plus he's got that look of the "EYE OF THE
TIGER." "Yeah, I say to myself, yellow and all".

I look again at my dog and say to her, "I SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER" with
a dog like you, that they wouldn't like anything about you. So
realizing one must pay their dues and "MANY A TEAR HAS TO FALL, BUT IT'S
ALL IN THE GAME"; I reassure her, next time it'll be your turn. That's
okay I say to her patting her on the head thinking to myself, "SHE'S GOT
STYLE, SHE'S GOT GRACE, SHE'S A LADY." I understand it wasn't my time
today, because "EVERYBODY PLAYS THE FOOL, THERE'S NO EXCEPTION TO THE
RULE." As I look back now before I got involved in this show game, it
hits me, "YESTERDAY, ALL MY TROUBLES SEEMED SO FAR AWAY, NOW IT LOOKS
LIKE THEIR HERE TO STAY."

So we'll try again tomorrow I tell her. But no ribbon to take home this
day either, and I wonder was this dog "BORN TO LOSE". So I go over and
ask the judge what he didn't like about my girl hoping when he critiques
her he'll "TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS" because right about now I'm feeling
like "THE THRILL IS GONE". So I'm hoping that he doesn't "TAKE ANOTHER
LITTLE PIECE OF MY HEART" with his comments. I'm sorry he tells me, but
she's mediocre at best. And he wonders why "IT'S SO FUNNY THAT WE DON'T
TALK ANYMORE." He goes to pat her on the head and I tell him "KEEP YOUR
HANDS TO YOURSELF." I tell him, "I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER" with a
judge like you, that I'd hate "EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO", as I walk away
feeling sorry for myself. It's late as I load my equipment back in the
car, and I hang my head low thinking people are pointing and staring at
the dog that lost again, so I continue to "WEAR MY SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT",
hoping they don't recognize me. We drive back home you and I in "THE
SOUNDS OF
SILENCE".

So I decide right then and there, all breed or specialty ring, American
or German bred, I'm going to silence my critics. After all I tell
myself, "IT'S YOUR THING, DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO." And when they laugh
at you and say it can't be done, stick your nose up at them and ask them
to show you their records and tell them "YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS", so "BEAT
IT"! "YOU CAN SAY THAT I'M A DREAMER, BUT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE." So
I'll go in whatever ring I want with whatever style of dog I love
because it's my hobby and it's suppose to be fun and isn't that the
reason I got into this sport in the first place? It's my freedom of
choice for having been "BORN IN THE USA."

So I know I want a winner too, and "I WILL SURVIVE" all this. So in
the morning, "I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE", because there "AIN'T NO
MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH, AIN'T NO VALLEY LOW ENOUGH" to stop us from making
our goals. So we travel all over the United States where we are greeted
by friendly people with "OPEN ARMS" who tell us "WELCOME TO THE HOTEL
CALIFORNIA", but then again "INDIANA WANTS ME", and then there are those
who tell us "PLEASE COME TO BOSTON". Another friendly chap says to me,
"IF YOU'RE GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO, you're bound to find many shows
there. But it's "GEORGIA ON MY MIND", because "SOMETHING TELLS ME I'M
INTO SOMETHING GOOD" heading to the friendly southern state where "I'VE
GOT SUNSHINE ON A CLOUDY DAY."

We pick up points here and there and a champion I'm bringing home.
"I'VE HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE" traveling and meeting wonderful people
all over the country. But I know there's one place I've still to
conquer. "NEW YORK, NEW YORK" beckons me to give her a try. For I know
if "I CAN MAKE IT THERE, I'LL MAKE IT ANYWHERE." So back up north we
head and "I'M SO EXCITED, AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT." As I drive ever
faster to get home, I chuckle to myself and say, "YOU AIN'T SEEN THE
BEST OF ME YET, GIVE ME TIME, I'LL MAKE YOU FORGET THE REST." I quickly
turn and look at the ribbons hanging from my girl's crate and smile to
myself knowing that "THE RECORDS SHOWS, I TOOK THE BLOWS AND DID IT MY WAY."

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original