[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IT'S TOO HOT!!!!!!!

  • From: Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:10:13 EDT

On Wednesday evening, it was 100+ degrees, and a storm came from the East.
It became dark, and when the tornado sirens went off we left for the local
Walmart. The sky went from greenish to black in a matter of minutes. My
daughter, and son in law went into the store with my two grandkids, and I
waited  in
the Van with our cat, and Gina's little dog, who were both in a small crate.
It was quite an experience watching the twister go over the parking lot, and
riding the lightning in the van. It did not sound like a train. It had a low
hum  similar to an electrical sound. It lasted a total of about 20 minutes. The
cloud  to ground lightning was continuous. The van shook, and it was like
riding a  bucking bronco. We came home to a road littered with downed trees,
and
there  were some big live tree tops on some of the kennels, but no damage to
dogs or  home. We were without power, water, and phones until 4.p.m. on Friday.
The  storms hit St. Louis, and surrounding areas. Several counties, including
ours  have been declared disaster areas. We live about 30 miles SW of St.
Louis.
We canceled our GSD club meeting on Friday due to the weather. The
temperature here today was in the low 80's. Thankful to be  here.
 Marcia

http://www.geocities.com/blackoaks3/GODFATHER.html