[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IS ANYBODY KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR?

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:06:22 -0500

I agree with both Pam & Kathy. The public deserves, well-bred healthy pets that
are bred by people that care about the breed!

Although we usually have a waiting list for show potential Dal pups, the
majority go to pet homes. AND also keep in mind that showable is all in the eye
of the beholder. Just because the sire and dam were both select doesn't mean
the puppies are all show quality or should be shown! Very few special litters
come along that have TOP show quality puppies beyond second or third pick.

Great pet homes are a wonderful thing and many do turn out to be great
co-owners and some even become show people with a little encouragement.

BTW: I typically find pet people less frustrating than most other show people!

Jessica MacMillan
No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC