[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IS ANYBODY KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:50:08 EDT

I agree.  I uses the term "blue print" when speaking of a  standard.  Any
standard.  I encourage people who may have absolutely  no interest in
breeding/showing etc. to educate themselves so that they get the  most
enjoyment
possible out of their well bred dog....the more you know, the  more you can
appreciate IMO.

I CHERISH companion owners.  Without a waiting list of loving homes, I
could never breed a litter hoping to keep something back for me!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 7/8/2010 12:39:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  purpose of showing a dog is (or should be) to display that the dog has
the  characteristics that the Standard describes for a breed - not just our

breed but any breed. Every dog in every litter should be bred to the
Standard with the goal of being superior in temperament, health, beauty,
structure, character, and trainability.   Why on earth, would  someone
looking for "just a companion dog" deserve anything  less?

Pam  Stoesser