[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: INFORMATION NEEDED HERE

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:41:20 -0800 (PST)

I would like to comment on this post.  I totally agree with Diane that no dog
should be placed with aggression and bite problems.  What I have seen over the
years though is people who are not capable of making "that" decision, and feel
that if they take the dog to the pound, shelter, resuce, "someone" might take
the dog and they were not the ones ending it's life.  Even in this "throw away"
society, now the political climate has changed to make if vogue to rescue and
try to save a life.  So there is your pet owner that get's a dog they can't
handle and now what to do with this situation.  I think instead of rescues
refusing such dogs, it would be a greater service to the dogs AND society, to
take them from such owners and take them on that final trip to the vet.  I know
that is not what rescues are for, but I think it alleviates some of these
problem dogs that people just really don't know what to do with.  Most everyone
on this list knows and
 understands dog behavior, importance of training etc.  John Q Public
unforunately does not, and so some of these behavior problems get bigger and
bigger until it's so out of control the dog can not be turned around.  I would
rather have my donated $'s help in giving some of these tormented souls final
peace than spend hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars on dogs with extreme
health issues.  So instead of rescues turning someone with an extremely
aggressive dog away, maybe they can do the "unthinkable" for a desperate pet
owner.

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu OFA H/E
Ch. Cresthers Blast V Kenlyn OFA