[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: INFORMATION NEEDED HERE

  • From: Amy Greenhut <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floridacracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:26:28 +0000 (UTC)

The dog should never have been placed in rescue. With problems like this the
dog should have been put to sleep. And why would anyone even consider breeding
a dog like that...so stupid.

Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises &  Tortoise Rescue
Behold The Turtle,  He Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A Quote By James B. Conant

From: SweetFiddler@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:58:14 -0500
Subject: [FloridaGermanShepherds] Rescue Help PLEASE

Got a call yesterday from a friend who placed a dog with GERMAN SHEPHERD
RESCUE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA, a 501c3 rescue. This dog was placed in rescue
because of Severe Fear & Mental issues. Dog has been on PROZAC. She was
contacted by Rae Davidson, head of the rescue, asking for the AKC papers on
the dog. When asked why she wanted them, my friend was told that Rae wanted
to breed the dog. She said she wanted to supplement the income for the
rescue, as they have had to spend a lot on heartworm treatments lately. The
rescue has the dogs AKC application, but needs a supplemental transfer. My
friend informed them that she would NOT get them a transfer and that she was
APPALLED that they would even Consider breeding a dog that was signed over
to RESCUE. They have had the dog for 3 months and have not spayed her yet.
What is wrong here? Rescue making more dogs to increase the problem? Does
anyone know who else we can contact to stop this situation? Thank You!