[ SHOWGSD-L ] INFO ON Epilepsy

  • From: "Diane Roberts" <dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:18:04 -0500

I have had a family call me about their 2 1/2 yr old male GSD they got from
a back yard breeder that has started seizures.  Someone had just posted
about a research program wanting blood from dogs with Epilepsy.
They are going to put this dog down as he has now snapped at the kids and is
now showing signs of brain damage after 5 seizures last night, this is with
meds and at the vets.

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP as this boy is going to be put to sleep today and they
are willing to do the blood in order to maybe help someone else from having
to go though this nightmare.

Diane Roberts

Majestic German Shepherds
Tampa Bay German Shepherd Rescue
www.tampabaygsdrescue.org
American German Shepherd Rescue Assoc, Inc
www.agsra.com
11904 Mc Mullen Loop
Riverview,  FL 33569
Phone & Fax 813-671-2913