[ SHOWGSD-L ] IMPORTANT Fw: chipper shredder

  • From: "Jodi Distilli" <djdistilli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:09:22 -0400

Talking about this chipper/shredder and I realized this.  I think it's
important to read.  Here's my thought:
Actually, just thinking about this now, aren't the wood shavings that you buy
"clean" so there would be no worry/little worry about bacteria, fungus and
putting that in with puppies or dogs.  I think of this because this morning
while I was waiting for my last puppy's people to arrive (other than my little
long-haired guy), I was cutting up the twigs and logs from a storm that we had,
and one branch I picked up had black slime on it.  This branch was covered with
SOMETHING. Ew. It has been piled up on my paved driveway, so not like it's been
sitting and festering in mud.  I was sure to thoroughly wash my hands before
going anywhere near my puppies.

I also remember one year my aunt, who lives down near Doylestown, was telling
me that she got "a deal" on mulch for her flowers and apparently there was some
sort of fungus or something in that mulch that killed most all of her flowers,
some perennials, too.

So, I suppose one might want to think about chipping your own.  I just don't
know.  An educated guess would be that if limbs/trees fall down in storms, they
weren't too strong to begin with, for the most part, of course and maybe are
infected with something.

Gosh, that would be horrible for the puppies.  Adult dogs, don't know, maybe a
little more tolerant.

Jodi Distilli
www.dinovagsd.com