[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ILLUSIONS v. REALITY

  • From: "LEE SMITH" <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Elsyd1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:18:42 -0500

I don't usually say "I agree," but some things are so vile that it is
important to take a stand.

Discourses such as this prey on people's fears and their desires to find an
enemy or a scapegoat. There is always a grain of truth upon which to build a
tower distortions and lies in order build the concensus of the ignorant and
the self-loathing.

Unfotunately, tactics such as this are usually the front running weapons of
hatred and bigotry. Even more unfortunately, they were successfully used by
the KKK, the Nazis and other hate groups around the world.

So, if objecting to this material gets me thrown off the list, it is a
sacrifice well worth the price.

Lee Smith