[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I wonder/ Weighted ballot

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 18:44:21 -0800

 And the dog judge judges Fut/ Mat. bitches, the bitch judge does Fut. Mat.
dogs, correct or ??

Beryl Eshom

Paul adds...

That's the current way Beryl...but I am wondering if there isn't a different
way?

We have many fine Judges who run every year. What say instead of flip
flopping the dog and bitch Judges to do the Futurity/Maturity dogs and
bitches...we take the 4th and 5th Judges from the Judging results and let
them do those classes?

Let me draw it out like Tish did...and keep the mud outta it...

Top Total Vote getter...Specials

2nd Top Vote getter...(and this is the way I think it used to be) Choice of
dogs or bitches

3rd Top Vote getter...the remaining category

4th Top Vote getter...the choice of Futurity or Maturity Dogs or Bitches

5th Top Vote getter...the remaining sex of Futurity/Maturity

That would introduce 2 new Judges into the National scene every year. It
gives the fancy a chance to see them perform under the pressure packed
situation of a National and if they do good...they've got a head start on
the next years field. If they suck...back to the bottom of the pile. (Juz
kidding as anyone who is elected to judge anything at a National is superb)

But it is a new idea and worthy of some debate/

Paul