[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I try to see the other side

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: floridacracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 11:35:36 -0400 (EDT)

And, your point is?  Do you know how many BYB GSD ads are in my local
newspaper?  No health checks, no guarantees, no idea of the  pedigrees, etc.
They don't show their dogs, have a clue what the GSD breed standard says, breed
dogs who don;t even resemble GSDs?   And, you don't think that AKC CH lines are
in people's backyard breedings?  I guess it is okay as long as all of the pups
are colored?

The white breeders who are utilizing colored lines have health certs on their
dogs, sell with written contracts, sell pet pups on limited registration and
s/n comtracts, screen new owners, etc.  We have nice stud contracts, too.

Every breed has good and bad breeders.  Yes, we white breeders work everyday in
trying to educate BYBs, just like I am sure all of you do. If we wanted to harm
the GSD breed, we wouldn't xray our dogs or we would xray and just breed the
failing dogs.  We wouldn';t keep track of our health issues.   I don't lump all
colored GSD breeders into one group, please don't lump all white breeders into
one group.

So, what do you think will happen if Evan studs to one of my whites?  Let me
tell you.   The bitch would have had her hips, elbows and heart certified
normal.  A current cTLI test.  She would be pampered during her pregnancy,
whelp her litter, under supervision, in our extra bedroom.  Pups would be
weighed daily, be exposed to the SuperDog stimulation program, loved,
socilaized, vet checked at 7 weeks, wormed, vaccinated, etc.   Our pet pups
would be sold on limited registration with s/n contracts.  Breeding pups sold
on strict breeding contracts and we would mentor new comers.  All owners would
be screened - and we rarely ship our pups because we want to meet you.      BTW
- I have NEVER had an accidental litter!  Don't believe in them but that is MY
pet peeve and not everyone's.  I respect that.

So, why is it bad to have a mixed color litter?

Barb H - PA