[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I see the problem

  • From: SallyHH31@xxxxxxx
  • To: inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:54:15 EST

I agree with all your posts about this subject Kathaleen  :)

In a message dated 11/2/2009 2:48:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I never  said judges were responsible for making comments on the breeding
that  produced the dogs in their ring.  I never said or intimated that  they
were supposed to tell the breeders who to breed to.  Maybe what's  being
lost
in the equation is -- if you are showing your dog -- the  ultimate purpose
for winning points and championships, is to prove the  quality of the animal
and therefore it is more worthy of breeding.  I  realize that is rather
farcical at this point in the game, but that is what  the original general
purpose of becoming a champion was.

What I was  trying to get across and you keep trying to dodge the bullet, is
Judges  need to be mindful of the fact that they have more of a
responsibility to  the job than just pointing their fingers, their primary
purpose is to  evaluate the dogs in the ring, compare them against the
standard and  adjudicate which ones are closest to it.  As an expert in the
breed  (the AKC's determination and definition of the people who hold
judge's
licenses, not mine) the judge should use a correct procedure and  ring
control to insure that they are actually able to compare the dogs  against
the standard.  Fast Speed and Tight Leads, or Fast Speeds and  Loose leads
for half a pass, or anything other than a slow to a moderate  speed on a
loose lead is not correct procedure for evaluating this breed,  especially
now.

I've beat this horse to death, resurrected and  smashed it a few more times,
and I think finally I need to stop beating on  it.  Someone else who feels
that things in ring need to be addressed  needs to step up == or not, and
our
breed's motion will become an  afterthought.

Kathaleen

any
 kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org