[ SHOWGSD-L ] I see the problem

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:16:10 EST

In a message dated 11/2/09 10:58:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
but if  the AKC describes judges as
supposing to be experts in the breeds they  judge; if they say that
conformation shows are supposed to be about  "evaluating breeding stock" --
then judges need to take their assignments  at a higher level of
accountability and judge dogs per the requirements  necessary to uphold the
standard for that breed.

Lawyers do this all the time. There is a difference between judging
breeding stock, and judging breeding.

 Every dog is a product of breeding. We don't judge that breeding, we
judge the "stock" from the breeding. When you expect a judge to advise you on
what to breed to, you are going too far.

You can read the instructions to say the judge is judging the breeding of
an animal, but that is not what it means.  We, those with judging licenses,
just judge the product of the breeding. We do not, and cannot comment on
the  breeding that produced the animal.  The key is when it says we judge the
"breeding stock".  It does not mean we are to comment on or judge what
produced that breeding.

Lawyers often use tourtous language to define something the way they want,
but all courts say the simple meaning of words is what is meant.

I am often as simple as they come.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/