[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I need your advice!!!!!

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 'Showgsd-l ' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:27:36 -0700 (PDT)

These friends are GSD people.  I would suggest that they build a fence on the
inside of the fence.  If they fence the yard themselves and leave the outer
fence with about 3 feet for mowing, then your dog is more secure.  Clearly the
neighbor has decided that he cares deeply and is looking for a reason to sue
someone.  Your friends have given him something new to latch onto.
Additionally, I would advise your friends to do their best to quietly have the
2 visiting dogs make friends with Glory.  If she is friends with them and you
keep photographic proof of this friendship, the law will not interfere so
easily.  They need to keep their own attorny aware and at the ready to defend.
If they don't have one yet, they need one now.

  This neighbor is going to keep looking for reasons to sue anyone, something
has changed in his life, and now because they did have a less than stellar dog,
who was not a problem at the time, but there is a new dog and the neighbor is
hunting for someone to sue.

  They should keep the dog, but refence with chain link and it should go
underground at least 6 inches so the little dogs cannot dig in so easy.  And
keep her on lead outside until the new fence is installed.  This is a costly
solution, but for those of us who love our dogs, no price is too high.

  If the neighbor sees the investment these people are willing to make to keep
their yard and dog safe, he will look to other neighbors to sue.

  You cannot take the GSD out of a person, I know, my mom still wants more dogs.

  Do you blame her?
  sheila
Cyndy <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I need some help -
I placed one of my retirees, Glory, with a family here to0day. Within
minutes of them getting home, their neighbor, an attorney, called him over
and fiercely threatened him, saying they had purchased a dangerous dog, and
if the dog ever got near any of his family, he would sue my friend. The guy
really got into my friend's face, and upset him and his wife quite a bit.

The attorney has two little dogs who climb under the fence and get into my
friend's yard. Before bringing Glory home, my friend went over and told them
they'd have to block the hole (It's their fence/their hole).

Anyway, my friends don't want to live in fear of lawsuit, and are really
freaked out. Glory is the sweetest, friendliest dog with a "happy love
everyone" personality. She would not hurt a flea. She grew up with kids,
etc. I counted that she had been shown over 30 times in her career, and I'm
thinking that each one of those judges should have evaluated her
temperament.or should have.

The guy said he wanted my friend to put in an electric fence, which he will,
and I suggested he put a dog run in his back yard.

She is a housedog primarily, but there will be times when she is outside.

Anyway, they don't want to live in fear of a lawsuit and are considering
giving up the dog. I hate this as they are perfect together.good friends of
mine, and it will break their hearts to give her up.

So my question - what would you do? How would you advise them? What can I do
to help them prove to the neighbors that she is absolutely not aggressive???

Thanks so much!!

Cyndy

www.texasdogs.com

Like movies? Here's a limited-time offer: Blockbuster Total Access for one
month at no cost.