[ SHOWGSD-L ] I need some advice Please!!

  • From: Kizwiz@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 00:18:59 EST

Many years ago I had a friend that did a breeding with Ch. Omar of  Cedar. I
do not recall the bitch lines. At around 7 months I saw this litter as  well
as their bites. They were overshot between 1-2 inches and would almost  qualify
for parrot mouth status. The owner was ready to scrap the whole litter  as
pets but decided to wait due to their bites being normal scissors until that
point. By 1 year of age they had all corrected and were again normal  scissor
bites. I have never again seen bites so far off correct. I would  give her a
couple of months more. Many times the upper jaw grows faster than the  lower.
If
she has been fine till now what do you have to lose but a couple of  more
months.
Remember most vets are not breeders and do not have the experience of  seeing
many growth stages correct themselves. This is no guarantee it will  correct,
but as I said I would give it time.
Just out of curiosity did you buy her as a show quality pup with a show
guarantee?
Pat

Hi list, I don't post much but I love when I can come to the list for  help.
I have an 8 month old puppy girl that I have been taking to handling  classes
and is doing extremely well. However she has a very large overbite, and  I
was told by a vet who does the classes that she will never have a good bite as
it is to large. She also told me it is hereditarty, is this true and will her
bite ever get better with age???  I am devestated!  If it does not get
better, I will have to start over AGAIN, and I told my husband I think I will
switch breeds, this is incredible....I just can't seem to get a show  pup.
Giselda