[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I love my dog because.... ( real tear jerker here)

  • From: Michael Lynch <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windwych@xxxxxxxxx, gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:52:51 -0800 (PST)

Because they love you back, unquestioning. They love
you if you live in a mansion or not.

About 2 months ago, I was appraoched by a transient
person asking for "spare change"at our local Circle K.
I gave the standard, "I dont have any" lie and went on
about my afternoon. I later returned to the Circle K
for my afternoon powerdrink and cinnamon roll. The
same transient man was at the counter, and he seemed
distressed because he didnt have enough for a
purchase. All the while, a black chow was outside the
door on a down stay waiting quietly.  Of course, in my
short sighted world, I just wished they hurried up as
I didnt have "time" for this.

When I finally made it to the counter, I asked what
was going on. She told me the same transient guy comes
in every 3 days and buys Purina dog food for his chow
outside the store. The man usually didnt have much to
eat, but he always made sure the dog had food. He has
been homeless for about 3 years and he tells everyone
his dog was the only thing that gave him the strength
to make it through this tough part of his life.

(Now if that doesn't get you...I don't know what will)

Mike Lynch

www.BlackHawk-Farms.com
Northern California American Saddlebred Horse Association
Vice President (Class of 2007)

http://new.mail.yahoo.com