[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I like the reserve system

  • From: "Sally" <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ShowGSD04'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:07:50 -0600

I understand the expense thing...Dog showing in general is expensive!  As
far as futurities, is the expense you're speaking of mainly is the handler's
fee???
++++++++++++++++++=

No not just the handlers fee.  that is in there - their expenses  and then
my expenses to get the dog to the right judge at the right futurity

I for one would never show a promising youngster at a local futurity if the
judge was wrong for it.  I would try to get it to the right judge for the
dog even if that meant traveling many hours to do so.  I don't want my "
promising youngster"  to get beat by showing under the wrong judge.   So the
costs add up.    Like I said I feel there is not enough bang for the buck
involved.  I can 't even tell you who the national fut/mat winners were from
2004.(but I don't always remember what happened yesterday either)

I think if most people were honest about it they would do the same thing.
Most of the handlers know where others are going and very rarely do you see
the top animals knocking each other off at the regional level.  Using a JR
would be great but do you want to take a chance of loosing with a good one
because of lack of experience on the handlers part?  I don't-

I can only speak for my self but to get ideas out there is great.  and I
would say so far the majority wants to keep the reserve system  -   I have
no ideas of how to improve on the futurity system or even if it needs to be
improved.

sally