[ SHOWGSD-L ] I hope I never see this again

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:59:46 EST

In a message dated 11/15/04 8:43:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx writes:
> We've had a lot of inappropriate loose leads up here in the last few years
> and it's getting boring.  The dogs up here are doing fine, but it's still not
> right.  Especially for the young dogs starting out.

I think if I saw someone threaten my dog in the ring, I would be in the ring
with an opinion, and let the show committee work it out later.  We do have to
consider what might be going on in the judge's mind. We have told the judges
over and over how important the temperament test is, and today many of them
think it is a veiled warning that our dogs are dangerous.  I know this, because
when I have judged at some all breed shows, the judges have told me this.

We need to take aside someone who acts afraid of our dogs and try to talk to
them. I have done this, and will do it again. But, if my dog is treated this
way in the ring by anyone, including the judge, he is going to have me in his
face.

Since I am now the head of the Southwestern Trial Board for the AKC, I doubt
anyone would be in much trouble for protecting a dog from an aggressive judge,
at least in my region.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the Poster and
of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are
permitted without prior permission of the original poster AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

For technical help and administrative matters, please contact the List
Administrators at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx