[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I hope I never see this again

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:34:54 EST

In a message dated 11/15/2004 7:05:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> I sure hope someone filed a complaint and called an A.K.C. Rep. over to
> watch
> this kind of behavior??
> A Judge like this is ASKING for a bite....and that could ruin the career of
> the
> dog,  and UNFORTUNATELY NOT THE JUDGE!!!

If i can add something...  with all due respect to all, i am one of the first
ones to have posted that my dogs would do a "bark and hold"  and be
commended, but they would NOT bite that judge or a person who acted like him,
that is
NEVER allowed.   The judge is still an idiot for doing that to a young dog and
if he failed a GSD for standing his ground, be it with the bark and hold
etc... with the approach he took, he is even more of an idiot.

A GSD with sound temperament does not bite someone just for flailing their
arms nor for staring them down, or acting like a "wierd stranger" as in the
Temperament Test.   Granted this was done to a 6 month old puppy, and that age
they may not know bark and hold but barking to alert would be very awesome
indeed
and at that age they are also NOT allowed to bite anyone either... no matter
how the judge acts... but again, i strongly feel that judge was incorrect in
his methods and had he been bit for doing what he did, that would also be
incorrect of the dog, had that happened.  THANK GOD it didnt.

Dawnmarie

Dawnmarie

POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the Poster and
of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are
permitted without prior permission of the original poster AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

For technical help and administrative matters, please contact the List
Administrators at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx