[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I have but one position on the New Illustrated Standard

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:42:41 EDT

This is the second time in one day that I have agreed completely with Evan,
and we're both liberals, who never agree on anything!   My concern about the
proposed NIS was that it wasn't finished, so how could anybody vote on it to be
the accepted IS. And hoped that it would continue to be refined to a finished
product.   Just didn't want it rushed, never a good ending to even a good
beginning.   That said, thank you again, Committee for all your hard work and
concerns, hopefully some of what you have done will be a starting block to
begin
again.
Stormy
GSDCA member
In a message dated 8/24/05 12:32:49 PM, ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

> In a message dated 8/24/05 10:15:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Thank  you to all involved - we obviously have people
> out there that are willing  to listen to and support the membership's
> positions!!
>

> I think I would rather have tabled it for now, and tried to resolve it with
> further work. However, let us not forget how much work Lana Lee did, how
> much
> hard work others such as Fred and Dave provided, and how much we all gave of
> our  time to help with suggestions and ideas on this List. I saw that John
> Ayotte  worked for hours on this as well, as did many others.
>
> It is hard work to be on the board, and a difficult task to change
> something
> that has existed for 40 years. Tie that in with so many opinions of  what
> the
> standard means, and we should recognize the efforts and thank those
> involved. I did personally and now do so publicly.
>
> I will take only one position on this, thank you for all who worked so hard
> New Illustrated Standard for the good of this breed.
>
> Evan

www.FairhopeGSD.com