[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I have a dream that one day....

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 13:57:54 -0400

What came first was a utilitarian farm dog that could herd the sheep (cows
if necessary) and protect the farmer's family...a good all around, good
tempered, utilitarian farm dog, not in the least dog aggressive since the
farmer had multiple dogs.

Max recognized structure was important as in "form follows function". A
dog not correctly put together could NOT work all day and yes, he did compete
with and show his dogs.

A bit later, wars came. Fewer sheep farms. The GSD was now a war dog,
straighter in shoulder to scale objects.

A bit later a Seeing Eye dog (read about Buddy).

Our dogs have done whatever we have asked then to do throughout history but
they started as a beautiful herding dog, a moving fence for sheep, economy
of movement, the only biting necessary an occasional nip to a stubborn ram.

Kathy Salvucci, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 9/13/2015 1:20:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx writes:

For the sake of commenting, what if the conformation folks were on the
same page as the IPO working folks. Kinda reminds me of the Chicken and the
Egg question. What came first, the conformation dog or the working dog?
John Lacher

_ (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/) _john.lacher@gmail.com_
(mailto:john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx) _

On Sunday, September 13, 2015, <_ (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)
_edwinx@comcast.net_ (mailto:edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx) _> wrote:

Okay I obviously stole that famous line... But imagine how strong this
sport would be if the IPO working folks were on the same page as the Show
conformation folks! Did you all see the AKC champion in the Review this month
owned by the Tanks! WOW I almost lost it, and yes my initial background is
in German Style protection type GSDs , but I certainly love them BOTH. Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

_ (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)

--
John Lacher