[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I don't get it

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:09:24 -0800 (PST)

Jackie ,I too am relatively new in conformation...and I have done very little
winning...a good friend of mine once said "our standard is like a moving
target"...but whether or not you like the standard is irrelevant...if you want
to win in the conformation ring you must produce or buy the type or style of
dog that wins...if this type or style does not appeal to you for what ever
reason then it would be a waste of your time and money to show German Shepherd
dogs...its really just that simple.......if you want to show dogs that look
like the dogs that won 45 years ago, it is my guess that you will not be
collecting very many blue ribbons, but then again neither do I....I enjoy your
spirit...have we been married in a former life?....lol...Ed
MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:  Ok, so apparently the kind of dog I like is wrong.
But what I don't
understand is, how come if this dog was correct 45 years ago, he's not now?
Isn't
correct, correct? No matter how you look at it? Even if the style of dog has
changed?

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds
Where it's about function, not flash

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original