[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I do it my way

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: ray1jacobs@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:59:04 EST

Wouldn't it be simpler to do away with the Constructed Temperament
Evaluation?   Then the judge can either put up whom he thinks he wants to put
up, the
club can decide whether they want a judge that puts up the type dog the judge
puts up, and the exhibitor can decide whether to show under that judge or not.

After seeing that 71 dogs are entered under a judge at the Denver Cluster
that was the subject of many totally disgusted spectators and exhibitors
recently, I imagine that who or what the judge does in the ring has no bearing
whatsoever on exhibitors.

Stormy
Feeling discouraged in Colorado
In a message dated 2/4/05 11:51:44 AM, ray1jacobs@xxxxxxx writes:

> The procedure has nothing to do with evaluating the judge.
>
> The PC sends out a tape illustrating how the temperment test is to be done
> along with written instructions.
>
> The observer then fills out a PC form which asks if the judge followed
> instructions.
>
> The privilege of being allowed to judge our dogs should carry with it the
> obligation to follow procedures directed by the governing body.In this
> case..the PC.

www.FairhopeGSD.com