[ SHOWGSD-L ] I can't believe what I just did…

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 19:56:57 -0600

so I was reading around tonight about Bela's story some more. Some crazy
lady had the audacity to post to the attorney's phone number online, saying
we should call him and tell him just what we think! So I did! And this is
what I said: "hello Mr. Demere. I know you've been getting a lot of phone
calls about that dog Bela, and I'm sure this one might surprise you a
little bit. My name is Jen Proud my email is PROUDK 911@xxxxxxxxx my phone
number is La la blah, and I just wanted you to know that you have thousands
of German Shepherd Dog owners and the German Shepherd Dog community behind
you. In my veterinary capacity, our German Shepherd Dog community is
prepared to send me the 500+ miles each way to do the deed in the gentle
kind good way that Bela needs and deserves.  I just wanted to let you know
that you have people behind you on your side and if you need my help in any
way to reach those thousands you have my contact information. We're rooting
for you.  Peace to you and God bless. "
I sure hope that makes his day tomorrow morning, as he has to filter
through all the hate.
The subject, this one dog, was the final straw that correct my mind and is
turning me into an animal welfare activist!
Having returned to work at the beginning of this year, after not having
worked in veterinary medicine for some years (no one wanted a part-time
med/surg/ER person), it appears that somehow, over time, there has been a
degradation of what being an animal lover and taking care of your pets
means to John Q Public; HSUS and PETA are doing really well at their goal
of one generation and out of pet ownership. John Q Public has no clue what
the differences between animal lover, animal welfare, animal rights.  Even
I gave $15 for a T-shirt to HSUS in 1995...
In my experience, once the differences are explained to John Q Public, they
are often angry. They feel they have been misled deluded and lied to.
They're not animal-rights activists (!!!) they want to be able to make
decisions for their companion animals and do what they feel best.
All of us here on this list all complain and bitch about whatever it is we
do on this list. If we're going to save the purpose of this list, we need
to start complaining outwards, not in!
Will you help me? Will you help your current pets, the pets of your future?
I'm spending my evening putting up the unpopular opinion everywhere I
can find any story about Bela. All these people say that this attorney is
such an evil person because he wrote a will that allowed for euthanasia of
a dog. That he should be euthanized in my or murdered for murdering this
dog. How hideous is this world that people think that's cool. At least I
Will be out there tonight to defend what's right, to defend the law, to do
what's best for Bela and all dogs put in this situation in their future.
Will you be out there with me to help, or who's going to sit back and watch
our rights as dog owners, as dog breeders, as dog lovers, be taken away
from us?
Until we stand up and fight for our rights, they're going to keep being
taken away from us! Until we make noise, praising dog ownership and all of
its benefits, all of the joys we receive, those people will continue to
actively try to ruin our lives.
Maybe that doesn't mean much to some of you, already having lived most of
yours. But, I'm only in my 40s, OH! make that 28, and have or hope to have
a long time ahead of me, while expecting to have many German Shepherd Dogs
in my home. My pets already have a directive in my will, because my will
was created years ago, just for them. I could care less what happens to my
stuff, for that is all it is. But my dogs, & the rest of my pets, even
though my property, are still living breathing creatures who need care just
like our Lord ordered us in the very beginning to do, so I have a will just
for them.  I update as each one comes & as each one goes; just to make sure
they're listed by name and place and purpose. I have a euthanasia clause
for the elderly, for the sick, for the ones who cannot do without me in
their life, because they're always is one in my home at any given time.  It
would kill me twice to know that my friends my designated people wouldn't
be allowed to take my dogs and care for them the way I have.
I'm jumping on board with Stormy, I'm screaming from the hilltop and
promoting responsible dog ownership, responsible breeding, most
importantly, RESPONSIBLE BUYING. I hope to make a bunch of animal welfare
activists out of it!
Will you help us to help ourselves? Or will you sit aside and watch your
dogs be taken from you?
Off to post comments all around where I can find….

Jen P & HER Pack who want their supper but can't feed ourselves. We don't
want the right to do it on our own as independent entities!  WE CAN'T MAKE
IT ON OUR OWN!!!

--
JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!

Support the next generation's stewards in the sport of dogs...
Donate to the German Shepherd Dog Youth Recognition Fund!
www.dogshowjuniors.com