[ SHOWGSD-L ] I am going to be blunt

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:55:10 EST

In a message dated 1/31/2007 6:38:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
For a  corporation as ours, who deals with more than 5,000. a year, we NEED
to be insured.

We are insured, or we were when I was on the board. The insurance  used to be
adequate, but I don't know what is being done now.  I think it  is important
to note that if indeed Bill P was telling people they needed  personal
insurance, that he voted to allow Mr. Hunte into the club.  The  person I was
told
was approaching the board members with fear over a law suit,  also voted for
Mr.
Hunte.

At least two of our board members used this threat, so I was told by  another
board member.  I don't agree with it, there is insurance to defend  any
action. So long as the directors follow the by-laws, they have no personal
liability.  That is my opinion as an attorney who litigates this crap all  the
time.

It disgusts me if threats were implied to gain a vote.  I saw the  same thing
when I was on the board, and I screamed the truth whenever it  happened.  If
fear of litigation was the reason for a YES vote, I  understand.  It is a
shame if that was what happened, and we need to think  carefully at the next
election.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together