[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I am decided

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 20:33:03 -0400 (EDT)

Well....I DO care who my boys breed.

I didn't make the rules, but until (if/when???) they are changed I am
dammed sure going to follow them.

I remember when I called Blanche to inquire about becoming a PC  member.
One of her first questions was "Did I have/breed whites?".   Well, at that
time I bought my dogs (from the "old" BJ's kennels who ABSOLUTELY  didn't have
whites), and I didn't breed, but I knew one thing...if Blanche was  that
dead set against it, and IF I wanted to be a PC member, I had better answer
"no".

Besides, I knew the standard and why the hell would I want to  deliberately
breed FOR a disqualifying fault?  I'm still puzzled  over that one...why
would one breed a disqualifying fault on purpose????   No one has been able to
enlighten me on THAT one lol!  And here I am trying  to breed to the
standard.  Can't say it hasn't paid off....funny the way  that works, no?

For the record, I don't much like the Internet sites I see that ONLY breed
for coats, or ONLY breed for oversize etc., etc. etc.

Again....it's a free country...people can do what they want.

I've said all along, if the white breeders want to go, let them.  If  they
want to stay, knowing the "rules" preclude them from competing in the breed
ring, let them.  I said earlier today that the three factions couldn't
agree..I was later informed in a private post that 2 of the three factions
"sort  of agree" and that only one faction wants to leave the PC and form their
own  breed.  So be it...when they figure it out, God speed.

I'm thinking of a cute sign for Pine Hill's GSDs "Whites need not  apply".
<G>.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 8/5/2011 7:58:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 8/5/11 3:15:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

So are  you going to let one of  your boys breed a white?... because that
was
the  discussion in  the post you clipped.

I would think it would depend on the  quality of the bitch.  I also
wondered if we are getting a  break on the price of the Review, a discount
on the
ads since they  will be two months to be seen, and if the cost of the staff
for   publishing is being cut in half.

If I remember, Ben when he was the  number one stud dog in the county had
something like 16 breedings of  which three were paid bredings.  I would
have
no problem  breeding to a quality white bitch.  I would not want to  breed
to a bitch with bad temperment, or other problems. But, since now a  white
can't be shown in conformation, why would I care?

Those  seem like reasonable changes to go with the cut of 50% of the
publication.   Show me the money.

Evan   Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament   come together

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.