[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I am curious

  • From: PBECCAJO@xxxxxxx
  • To: campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx, lfossland@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:16:32 EST

I would like to know from Joan or anyone why there would EVER be any reason
 to have a closed session>>>>>Period!!! Would you not agree that  "Closed"
sessions are doomed from the beginning?  Closed Sessions,  Innuendos,
Secrets, always come out in the end... It also leaves our minds open  to our
own
interpretations.....Would it not have been better to put everything  in the
minutes?? Private sessions should have been left to before the meeting or
after the meeting and would have been considered gossip and "NOT ON THE
RECORD"  and the GSDCA (minus the people gossiping) out of it!
I do agree with one thing though. As a V.P. for 2 years of a large club, I
know that the recording secretary's job is very important to the smooth
running  of that club and I would think so on a larger scale for the GSDCA.
It is my opinion that if a (any) recording secretary for whatever  reason,
could not perform their duties that they have been duly elected to  do, then
it should be their moral and/or ethical duty, for the sake of their
constituents who elected them to resign and let someone else  take their place.
Also, if that person does not resign, then it is the  responsibility of the
PRESIDENT of the club to openly and strongly lead the  board to the right
"Open" discussion then on to a decision for the  betterment of the club...
ANYTHING else, including closed door sessions can and  has involved ALL of us
in
a lawsuit...Hope I have not offended, but feel  passionately about this. And
if the closed sessions do not stop, I believe, we  will be destined to
repeat history which, I am sure, will lead us back to  bickering... Best
Regards, Patty J.

In a message dated 2/24/2010 11:48:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Liane  you are so right about the bickering and how non productive it
is...........  and was.  Please understand that things discussed in a closed
session  can't be disseminated to anyone although it would seem that not all
have  followed this rule and if what I have heard is true inaccurate
information has  been bandied about.
I am curious.... as to why this is now being all  dredged up. It is in the
hands of the court!
I am curious ....as to why  hardly anyone seems to realize that the Board,
at that time, could have  followed it's own P&P and sanctioned MG and
removed her from her position  if she did not do her job to their satisfaction
but
chose to make it a  personal attack. Therefore, the lawsuit.
I am curious!
Joan

Joan  F. Fox
website: http://www.campaignersgsds.com