[ SHOWGSD-L ] I am confused (so what else is new?)

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 05:13:15 -0700 (PDT)

I must have missed something...I think I have read most every post and yet I
see some are calling the List "evil" and lacking in compassion and others are
saying that the usual group is out to sabotage the National.  Where has this
been posted?  I have seen a few posts expressing concern over the conditions of
the motels...mold and such.  I guess I can understand that and see it as a
valid question.  I did not see anyone slammed for asking about it.  Joan has
decided her litter needs her and, heck, I think that is reasonable too.  Can
you imagine when planning a litter saying..."Oh gee, guess I will pass on the
opportunity because they will be weaning at the time of the National?"  Joan
has worked her butt off for the breed and this club, and yes, it would be nice
if board members were at the big meeting of the year, but things happen and to
equate Joan's absence to another's in the past is silly.
There have been posts last week when all heck broke loose about Beaumont
hotels/motels, but I have not read anything that pointed fingers.  I think that
those in charge did an admirable job of keeping us informed and to the best of
my knowledge this has settled down and rooms have been available for everyone.
So, unless I have missed some really flaming posts, this has been a pretty
quiet pre-national.  Remember last year <shudder>?   Regards,  Cynthia