[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I am ashamed!

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 17:15:44 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2009 3:45:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
grnram415@xxxxxxx writes:
I am  ashamed of this List, the GSD people and the lack of empathy
exhibited by you  all.?
I have posted, several times, the death of one of our own.? Virginia  had
been involved in GSD's for decades.? She was a wonderful woman who never  had
a bad word to say about anyone.? She was a quiet and private person.? Yet,
one felt honored to be her friend.? No, she wasn't a vocal, confrontational
or  a rude exhibitor.? She welcomed new people and was always supportive.?
She  thrilled in one's victories and was a great listener when you vented on
your  loss.? She was a presence at all the L.A. specialties and active in
conformation and exhibiting her dogs.?But, I guess she didn't count for much
 since she wasn't a squeaky wheel.? She was just a good person.??

I am  ashamed, because it seems that things like anonymous poison pen
letters (no  offense Zoe) and other?gripes are far more important than the
death
of one of  our own.? I received only one response from this List offering
condolences on  her death.? Virginia had no family left.? It would've been
nice to be able to  pass on some nice thoughts and prayers to the friends who
have seen her thru  her illness and were at her side when she died.

Thank?you to the folks  from the GSDCLA Club who were there at her funeral
and to a few GSD friends  that remembered her and shared memories, even if
they couldn't?physically be  at her funeral.

I will be off the List for awhile until I decide if  I?really want
to?remain part of this cold-hearted group of  individuals.

Laura,

I haven't seen any post regarding Virginia. This happens every once in a
while.  I just saw a post on the list today that was sent 2 days ago. It  may
be why you haven't had any response.

While I did not know Virginia, let me offer you my condolences as it  is
obvious her passing is very painful to you.

I am sure no one meant any disrespect.

My sincere sympathies.

Ileana
Steps!