[ SHOWGSD-L ] I am ashamed!

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:44:55 -0400

I am ashamed of this List, the GSD people and the lack of empathy exhibited by
you all.?
I have posted, several times, the death of one of our own.? Virginia had been
involved in GSD's for decades.? She was a wonderful woman who never had a bad
word to say about anyone.? She was a quiet and private person.? Yet, one felt
honored to be her friend.? No, she wasn't a vocal, confrontational or a rude
exhibitor.? She welcomed new people and was always supportive.? She thrilled in
one's victories and was a great listener when you vented on your loss.? She was
a presence at all the L.A. specialties and active in conformation and
exhibiting her dogs.?But, I guess she didn't count for much since she wasn't a
squeaky wheel.? She was just a good person.??

I am ashamed, because it seems that things like anonymous poison pen letters
(no offense Zoe) and other?gripes are far more important than the death of one
of our own.? I received only one response from this List offering condolences
on her death.? Virginia had no family left.? It would've been nice to be able
to pass on some nice thoughts and prayers to the friends who have seen her thru
her illness and were at her side when she died.

Thank?you to the folks from the GSDCLA Club who were there at her funeral and
to a few GSD friends that remembered her and shared memories, even if they
couldn't?physically be at her funeral.

I will be off the List for awhile until I decide if I?really want to?remain
part of this cold-hearted group of individuals.

Laura Thomas???????