[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I am a Fan!

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx, genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, diwri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 08:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

Who on the Board has seen this site?
Joan
 Joan F. Fox
website: http://www.campaignersgsds.com
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
Home & Fax: 440-543-9165
Cell: 440-759-4119

________________________________
From: "Scharo777@xxxxxxx" <Scharo777@xxxxxxx>
To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx; diwri@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, May 1, 2010 7:58:31 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] I am a Fan!

I want to speak up for our Board of Directors.  They work hard and  spend
many, many hours of their time, with no pay, working for the club.

Sometimes they may have to make a deposit in order to secure a site.   A
board sometime in the past did this with Lexington.  They paid a $500
deposit.  They did not write a contract, as to firm prices, etc.

Times have changed since them.  Entries are down.  performance  entries are
up.  The Board has become serious about providing good sites to  include
performance.

Topeka off a very good deal to our club.  The Board did not just  decide on
a whim to change to Kansas.
But a majority they believed that it was in the very best financial
interests of the Club to change to Topeka.
I believe that someone said that the site in Topeka would reimburse the
$500 deposit we loose.

I guess what I am saying is that times change and conditions change.
These can affect decisions made in the past.  Would you rather has a board
that
sticks to a decision, when it becomes evident that it is BAD.
Or one that is reasonable and flexible and tries to make a change in the
best interests of the club.

Since our club is structured that the Board of Directors runs the club ,
they have to make the decisions.
From watching them at two board meetings, I believe that all are acting in
the best interests of our club.

Carol Moore

In a message dated 5/1/2010 6:43:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Diane.....it really does not matter what we like or want because  that is
where the National is going to be in 2011. I will not be going. Not  going to
Utah either ...wherever that is! Going to save a whole lot of money  not
going to any National in the future. Already saving money.....my junior  dog
decided to blow all his coat, so no futurity for him, lol!
Amy  Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises &  Tortoise Rescue
Behold The Turtle,  He Makes Progress Only When  He Sticks His Neck Out
A Quote By James B. Conant