[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I also have an I phone

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dankagsd01@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:23:38 -0700

Speaking of new things. I am looking ahead, thinking of my "next"
dog.  Many people say they will always have a german shepherd, and
after living with them (once 17! of them.. o.k. 13 were pups LOL), I
agree that they are tops, absolutely tops.

BUT

I also loved my Pug, And once had an Springer that i totally adored, a
McNab that was unbeatable for companionship and adventures.  A
favorite of our family was a Pointer mix (we think... at least she
pointed LOL). a sweet sheltie and that darn Chihauhua.  There was a
pitbull (I think, looked like the ad from Victrola), doxies and others
in my young life!

The point of all this, is if people were going to have a NEXT dog,
what are the recommendations for a person going into a 76th year?
Certainly a rambunctious large GSD pup shouldn't be the answer?  Or
should it?  I'm at the point where I am looking at the breed pictures
on websites... Swedish Valhund?  Pug again?  Corgi, the short legged
GSD?  a Terrier type... MinPin???

Just ruminating and procrastinating from doing my "job" of posting
legislation stuff.

Stormy