[ SHOWGSD-L ] I FEEL LEFT OUT

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:04:28 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/09 9:49:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, wynsum@xxxxxxx
writes:
I am not  certain that people read the footers, but I agree, that there
should be NO  appearance of
impropriety

This is one of the nastiest elections I have seen in years. I am not sure
why, the candidates are all people of honor, and willing to devote  time to
this club, our breed, and us.  I see a number of things being done  that
have nothing to do with the quality of the candidate.  Gary sent a  picture
with his grandkids, Tish may have used the GSDCA on the return  address.

I know that a letter is being sent by Joan Fox, with information that may
make people avoid electing Nancy Harper and Carmen Battaglia.  That is how
I read the letter, and it is also a plea to help her with a board that she
feels  refuses to respond to her situation.

We all have to consider carefully who we want on this new board. This is a
time when we need to have strong representation, and people who will put
the  GSDCA first, (or maybe second after family).  Those who would use the
GSDCA  for personal ego gratification, who want to take the club in a certain
wrong  direction, weaken our position in the world or the AKC,  or who will
refuse  to listen to the membership, should not be elected.  That does not in
any  way eliminate their good intentions, or the fact that they were
willing to give  of themselves for our club.

It is important that each member vote on the issue of who will do the best
job, not who is a friend, or who is popular.  This is a pivital point for
our club, vote wisely, do not be persuaded by negitive comments, and alway
follow your instincts.

Or, don't vote. I will tell you how I feel about those running.

There is not one person on the slate that I can't find something to
respect, and each and every one of them wants to do what is right.  I may  not
agree with one or the other, but I respect that they were willing to run,  and
I was not.

Not that there is anything wrong with any of them.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/