[ SHOWGSD-L ] I AM APPALLED

  • From: Kizwiz@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 16:17:04 EDT

It seems that the club's attorney, from  New          (WHAT CLUBS
ATTORNEY???)
York has had some harsh words with Margy and Kris, our two  attorneys. She
also has stated that Susan should be fired as the Review  Editor because she
published a letter that said Hunte was evil.
An agreement was made, and will be proposed to settle the Hunte matter,  but
was put on the bar last night, and Lew arranged to get a number of  board
members to sign it, without any discussion, or even some of the board  seeing
it ahead of time. It includes a published appology by Lew in a major  dog
magazine, each board member to take training in antitrust law, to be done  by
the N.Y. attorney, and some other issues. I did not read it, but spoke  to
some who did.
The question of hiring the New York Attorney came  up.  Her name is Nancy
Gutenberg.  I have been told to be careful  of what I post, as she is
monitoring the List.    (IS SHE A  MEMBER???)
It does seem that the club is not being run by the board, and certainly  not
by the members. A few people have taken it on.   I had heard  that, but now I
have seen it
I don't like what happened to Joan, the threats to Margy, Susan and  Kris.
But, they can deal with it, and I can only suggest what they might do.  I
took a break to send this, as I am a bit upset over what I have seen so  far.

THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF TO SAY IS "I AM APPALLED"

PAT

Heavens, what in the world in going on there? It sounds like Sodom  and
Gomorrah.
I am sure all of us who read this post have a lot of  questions. It  sounds
very disheartening to say the least.
Please  Evan, keep us posted. I for one would very much like to know who this
Nancy  Gutenberg is, who she represents and what right she has to pursue
arguments  with our Board Members.
Sitting here on pins and needles.
Lee  F.

It is an interesting meeting, some  good stuff, some not so good.

I will avoid any rumors and only tell you  what I was told, but those
involved. I did have dinner with Susan Casey,  Margy and her husband, and got
to talk to a number of people.  It seems  that the club's attorney, from New
York has had some harsh words with Margy  and Kris, our two attorneys. She
also has stated that Susan should be fired  as the Review Editor because she
published a letter that said Hunte was  evil.

An agreement was made, and will be proposed to settle the Hunte  matter, but
was put on the bar last night, and Lew arranged to get a number  of board
members to sign it, without any discussion, or even some of the  board seeing
it ahead of time. It includes a published appology by Lew in a  major dog
magazine, each board member to take training in antitrust law, to  be done by
the N.Y. attorney, and some other issues. I did not read it, but  spoke to
some who did.

Last week I talked to Lew and advised that the  discussion should be in open
session and he agreed. First thing this morning,  he announced the discussion
would be Sunday morning in a closed session.

It was announced by the Budget and Finance committed that the  sight
selection for the Nationals was to be combined with the National  Chair.
Joan was told of this last night, and had no advanced notice she was  being
replaced. There was little discussion, and it was passed. Joan looked  sick,
and I felt it was handled incorrectly. Lew did thank her for her  work.

It appears the financially the club is in good shape, having  increased
revenues by $100,000. But that reflects money set aside for  Review
transition, which was then put back. But Tim Wheat did say we were in  a very
strong position.

In Colorado the National will October 12-21  with herding on the 12th. The
Host Hotel has only 50 rooms for us, and the  phone number is (970) 482-2626.
We should be able to double handle on all  four sides.  The host hotel is the
Hilton at Fr. Colline.

Liz  Leshhorn was mentioned as having reduced the cost of the Red Book by
40%,  which helped with the club's profit.

Margy is trying to put the recording  of the minutes on the club cite so
anyone can listen to them. She is working  on it with John Anyotte and will
continue to figure out how to do  it.

A parlemtarian was at the meeting, Dennis Clark, and made some  suggestions.

The question of hiring the New York Attorney came up.   Her name is Nancy
Gutenberg.  I have been told to be careful of what I  post, as she is
monitoring the List. That was not part of the meeting or  anything the board
said.  It was discussed she was hired to give an  opinion, then her fees were
increased, then she billed for more work, and the  discussion of what she is
supposed to be doing was tabled to Sunday, in  closed session, when she gets
here.

I was told that Nancy also have an  arguement with Gary, and also intended to
come after me.  I am looking  forward to meeting her to see what is going on,
who she represents, and who  is her client. At this point I asked, and no one
has an answer.

I was  asked by three board members if they should resign.  But, it is  early,
about noon, and there is a lot to go.  I think things will  "lighten up" and
maybe tempers will cool off.  What happens tomorrow  will be important, but
there is a lot of talk about suing any board member  who talks about what
happens in a closed session.

It does seem that  the club is not being run by the board, and certainly not
by the members. A  few people have taken it on.   I had heard that, but now I
have  seen it.

These board members mean well, and work hard. They are great and  dedicated
people, trying to do the best they can for us.   I know  how much they give
up to do this, and how difficult it is.  We do need  to stand behind them,
and I hope there is a way out of this mess.

I don't like what happened to Joan, the threats to Margy, Susan and  Kris.
But, they can deal with it, and I can only suggest what they might do.  I
took a break to send this, as I am a bit upset over what I have seen so  far.

More to  come.

POST  is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the  original

author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or  FORWARDS of any
kind
are permitted without prior permission of the  original author  AND of the

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN  ANY
MANNER
OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS  PERMISSION OF
ALL
PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS  EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A

VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS  PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact the List  Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR WEBSITE -  www.showgsd.org
AOL  now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free  from
AOL at  AOL.com.