[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hybrids

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:21:01 EST

In a message dated 11/16/05 1:42:30 PM Central Standard Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Don't know how many of you watched the show.  I did.  Seems like Regis was
> much more wary of Hybrids than Kelly.

I thought Regis asked some good questions which the Vet skipped over.  One,
when they were showing the pugabeagle, (Pug and Beagle) and the vet was
pointing out that the puppy had the face wrinkles but also a better length to
the
nose so he wouldn't have the breathing problems of a Pug.  Regis asked her how
they could be certain that all the puppies would look like this one when
breeding two diverse breeds.  I don't remember what other questions he asked,
but he
did say, as she was going through all the names of these new hybrids, that in
his day they were called "mutts."  Kelly was being silly Kelly and for the
last couple of dogs she was holding her two year old.  I hope people think
about
the questions that Regis asked.

Betty Johnson
Tintagel