[ SHOWGSD-L ] Huntington Beach, CA, needs help...legislation

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:20:50 -0400

shared by Peggy

Hi Everyone -
Whether you live in Huntington Beach, Calif, or not we need your help!  The
Huntington Beach City Council is bound and determined to shove a MSN and
Mandatory Microchip Ordinance down the throats of these citizens!  We need
your help to protest this ordinance.  Please, help us defeat the Mandatory
Spay, Neuter, and Microchip Ordinance.
We need you to FAX your opposition to this Ordinance now.  Please FAX your
letters to 714-536-5233.  We need to swamp their offices with opposition
FAXes.   Faxes are better than email but if you cannot fax, then PLEASE
email city.council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with your opposition.
As of right now, we're not sure if this will be on the Council agenda for
Nov 5th.  However, we will Rally in front of the City Council (2000 Main
Street, Huntington Beach, California) at 5:00 pm.  We also need people, HB
residents or not, to address the City Council and tell them this is
DRACONIAN, un-needed, and down-right UN-American.  Obviously, the more
marchers we can get, the better. In the meantime, PLEASE, FAX your
opposition!
Whether you can come march with us or not - we need your assistance in
FAXing your opposition to this!  Please - FAX your letters to 714-536-5233.
Many supporters of AB1634 are coming, even though they do not live in this
area.  One City Council member, Keith Bohr, is a supporter of AB1634.  He
drove to Sacramento to support it.  The AB1634 supporters are saying that if
they can't pass it at the state level they will go city-by-city throughout
California getting it passed, starting with Huntington Beach.  If it is not
in your city yet, you can expect them there.  Remember - this WILL affect
the entire state and even the entire country!!!  We need to put up a unified
front against this minority.  Animal Rights are NOT for Animal Welfare!  We're
the ones that are concerned about our animals - we should be making the
decisions about our property!  This smacks of "1984"!
Please forward this to everyone you know.  And if they have any questions
they can email me or POWERHB@xxxxxxx (this is a local group formed to fight
this).  We are working in conjunction with Bill Hemby and PetPac.
PLEASE HELP!
Sincerely -
Carol Hamilton