[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte subject geeing stale

  • From: acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showgsd-l)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:12:12 +0000

Helen: Thank you for giving us a cogent perspective on all of these posts,
including my tomes. I also appreciate your giving us some vital information,
that was never revealed in other posts. I won't get into what that statement
was, but it definitely enlightened me and I think others will feel the same.
I agree with you wholeheartedly, that "everything that had to be said, has been
said!"

Thanks again.

Tony C
From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx

> In a message dated 2/26/2007 1:40:16 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
> the "yes" votes didn't think they could vote no, and if they respected
> their fiduciary responsibility, good of the club and so forth, then that's
> what
> they thought. Others who DID vote to keep him out came to different
> conclusions. Do I think either group was lax in their duties? No, I think
> thinking
> people can look at the same information (it's clear as mud!) and come away
> with very different conclusions. Me personally? I don't think there was
> enough to keep him out. I'm very conservative though. There are people I
> respect
> (a lot!) that reached a different conclusion. So be it. That doesn't make
> them wrong. IT'S CLEAR AS MUD!
>

> I wasn't going to post on this anymore,but the List topics re the Hunte
> issue are beginning to be repeated for the 3rd time around. Last fall,before
> the
> National . Then also when the first vote came in and now everything is
> being rehashed again And people don't seem to remember what's has been stated
> before as a truth . Kathy,you state that for you personally, there wasn't
> enough
> to keep him out. WE DID NOT NEED STUFF TO KEEP HIM OUT I stated this truth
> last fall, Lew and other Board members had the AKC hand down the same
> opinion,and Evan has stated at least twice. You don't have to have "anything"
> on
> Hunte or anyone in order to refuse membership. You DO NOT have to give ANY
> reason
> as long as you are not keeping him out basis of "race,religion etc" Board
> members didn't have to fall back on By-Laws( And they do need fixing) or that
> the two signatures had been dropped so our membership application was all
> screwed up ( and that needs fixing). Just the simple fact that the GSDCA did
> not want him,and strengthened by the membership letters and emails The Board
> members knew this vote was coming up for months. They had plenty of time to
> talk to club attorneys,or their own attorney to get all the facts about
> possible
> liability and to contact Dan Smith re insurance policies,and and to do some
> personal investigation on just who and what this Andrew Hunte was.So unless
> something earthshaking happens, I really suggest that everything that had to
> be said--has been said. and why don't we wait until March 4th to finalize
> this subject Helen Miller Fisher

AOL now offers free